Position No. 881
Band 5 $65,393 - $75,165 per annum plus 9.5% statutory superannuation.
Wellington Shire Council is looking for a bright, vibrant and energetic Communications Officer to join its Communications and Media Team. In this role you will be responsible for the development and delivery of a range of media and public relations services to Wellington Shire Council.
The successful applicant will possess thorough attention to detail, along with excellent communication and time management skills. A good understanding of politics is essential. This position will be well suited to someone who has either had previous journalism or media communications experience and is capable of working in a fast-pace, deadline driven environment.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the criteria below:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Political knowledge and understanding of political processes.
- Highly developed evaluation and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify and source relevant content for a range of mediums.
- Exceptional attention to detail with a proven ability to set goals, manage competing demands and fluctuating workloads.
- Skills with the Microsoft suits of products, Adobe Creative Suite skills are beneficial.
How to Apply:
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in this advertisement and will be accepted no later than midnight Sunday 12 July 2020.
A Position Description can be obtained from this link.