Manager Arts & Culture
Manager Arts and Culture
Position No. 423
Temporary Full-Time (20 April 2020 – 2 July 2021)
Senior Executive Officer Package
An Exciting opportunity currently exists for a strategic and enthusiastic individual to join our leadership team in the position of Acting Manager Arts and Culture for a 14 month appointment.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent management skills, including experience in team and budget management. You will confidently influence, negotiate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and various levels of government and industry.
The position covers a wide range of technical areas of responsibility and will give the successful applicant exposure to all areas of the Arts & Culture sector including management of the Gippsland Art Gallery, the Wedge Performing Arts Centre, Port of Sale Wellington Centre and all Wellington Shire Libraries.
If you have a keen professional approach and love to lead a passionate team to deliver success to our community then we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the criteria below:
- Demonstrated professional experience in a leadership or management capacity in arts & culture sector or other relevant public, professional or community service areas.
- Success in leading a diverse team including direct reports with technical qualifications and experience to ensure delivery of services and activities to the community in accordance with set CPIs.
- Demonstrated capability to manage change projects and lead people through change.
- Competency in areas of budgeting, financial management, reporting and business planning.
- Success in working effectively with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Wellington Shire Council uses award-winning technologies to seek and implement innovative improvements across the organisation. We work hard to position ourselves as a leader in local government, continuously improving our diverse range of services for the betterment of our community.
We offer a rewarding culture of innovation, flexibility and continued learning in a collaborative, supportive environment.
Wellington Shire Council is committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards and associated legislative requirements.
Wellington Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, abilities, ages, genders and/or sexual orientations and gender identities.
Wellington Shire is Victoria’s third largest municipality. Its 10,924m2 extends from the High Country through the Gippsland Plains to the famous Ninety Mile Beach. Sale is less than 3 hours drive east of Melbourne and the region boasts excellent sporting, educational, and recreational facilities. Visit http://www.centralgippsland.com.au to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
How to Apply:
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in this advertisement and will be accepted no later than Midnight Sunday 5 April 2020.
A Position Description can be obtained from this link.