Austswim Accreditation Program
Wellington Shire Council offers vocational placements for Austswim Accrediation at Councils Aqua Energy facility.
The Austswim Accreditation Program assists students in meeting their educational requirements, developing and enhancing their skills and knowledge while gaining their required supervised teaching experience.
Conditions of Placement:
- The student understands that they are not entitled to be paid any remuneration.
- Placement can only be completed if it is a requirement of Austswims Accreditation Program.
- Personal injury insurance for the student must be covered by the relevant education institution/program provider.
- Provide evidence of Austswim course enrolment confirmation.
- A valid Working With Children Check is compulsary for each placement.
Wellington Shire Council is committed to providing an opportunity for students to participate in a vocational placement; however, we cannot guarantee placement for every student that applies.
Wellington Shire Council is a dynamic regional local government organisation. Council operates a diverse range of services, manages a broad range of projects and maintains a large number of community facilities across 11,000km2. Employees use exciting new business technologies to seek and implement improvements across the organisation.
Wellington Shire is Victoria’s third largest municipality, offering great diversity in both work and lifestyle. Wellington extends from the High Country through the Gippsland Plains to the Lakes and the famous Ninety Mile Beach. Sale is located 2.5 hours east of Melbourne and the region boasts excellent medical facilities, great sporting, educational, and recreational opportunities. Visit http://www.centralgippsland.com.au/ to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
Wellington Shire Council use award-winning technologies to seek and implement innovative improvements across the organisation. We work hard to position ourselves as a leader in local government, continuously improving our diverse range of services for the betterment of our community.
We offer a rewarding culture of innovation, flexibility and continued learning in a collaborative, supportive environment.
Wellington Shire Council is committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards and associated legislative requirements.
Wellington Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, abilities, ages, genders and/or sexual orientations and gender identities.
How to apply:
Complete and submit all required details below.
- Attach your CV and any introductory letters from yourself and a copy of your Working with Children Check.
- You will receive an automatically generated confirmation email shortly after submitting your vocational placement request.
- A member of the Aqua Energy team will contact you to discuss your placement and the Council’s availability to offer a placement that meets your requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the Wellington Shire Council Austswim Accreditation Program, you can contact our Aquatics Program Team Supervisor Tina Heiberg on (03) 5142 3705.