Rates & Property Officer
Rates & Property Officer
Position No. 186
Band 5 - $65,393 - $75,165 per annum plus 9.5% statutory superannuation
We are seeking a self-motivated, team player with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills to join our Rates team in a permanent full-time capacity.
The role of the Rates & Property Officer is to maintain the property and financial rating system of Wellington Shire Council. You will be responsible for raising revenue through supplementary valuations and maintaining a high standard of accuracy whilst delivering excellent customer service.
If you have high level numeracy skills and experience in a property related discipline such as real estate, conveyancing, property law, mortgage banking or credit collections then we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the criteria below:
- A tertiary qualification in a property related discipline, commercial discipline or several years’ experience in working with a computer-based property/rating or administration systems advantageous.
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment as a productive, contributing team member.
- Demonstrated ability to remain on track and focused in a high volume, deadline driven environment.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products and the ability to learn new systems quickly, in particular database management tools.
Wellington Shire Council uses award-winning technologies to seek and implement innovative improvements across the organisation. We work hard to position ourselves as a leader in local government, continuously improving our diverse range of services for the betterment of our community.
We offer a rewarding culture of innovation, flexibility and continued learning in a collaborative, supportive environment.
Wellington Shire Council is committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards and associated legislative requirements.
Wellington Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to encourage applications from people of different backgrounds, abilities, ages, genders and/or sexual orientations and gender identities.
Wellington Shire is Victoria’s third largest municipality. Its 10,924m2 extends from the High Country through the Gippsland Plains to the famous Ninety Mile Beach. Sale is less than 3 hours drive east of Melbourne and the region boasts excellent sporting, educational, and recreational facilities. Visit http://www.centralgippsland.com.au to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
How to Apply:
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in this advertisement and will be accepted no later than Midnight Sunday 27 October 2019.
A Position Description can be obtained from this link.