Position No. 523
Permanent Full Time
Band 6 $78,868 - $85,847 per annum plus 9.5% statutory superannuation
A great organisation is about great people and we are looking to add to our valued Assets & Projects team. We are seeking a qualified and experienced Design Engineer to provide project designs, estimates and computer assisted drawing functions for the development and implementation of Council projects. Lesser experienced applicants will also be considered at a lower band than advertised for the full position.
Reporting to the Coordinator Infrastructure Development, your primary responsibilities will be to;
- Design and prepare drawings and plans for projects, including schedules and estimated costs;
- Prepare preliminary drawings and reports, including collecting and presenting data;
- Evaluate and review designs prepared by consultants; and
- Provide technical advice, assistance and information in relation to Council’s Assets and Operations to staff.
At Wellington Shire Council, you will work with cutting edge technology, in a contemporary open plan environment. If you have a passion for making a difference and engaging with the community, we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate how they meet the criteria below:
- Sound knowledge and experience in municipal (civil) design and the use of CAD/civil design software.
- Sound knowledge of road, street and drainage design parameters and codes.
- Degree in Civil engineering or appropriate post-secondary qualifications (desirable).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We use award-winning technologies to seek and implement innovative improvements across the organisation. We work hard to position ourselves as a leader in local government, continuously improving our diverse range of services for the betterment of our community.
Don’t just listen to us, here’s what our staff say:
‘Proud to be a Wellington Shire employee.’
‘Great organisation, passionate and highly motivated staff – pleasure to be part of it.’
‘Perhaps the most collegial, friendly organisation I have joined.’
‘It was a good life choice to come and work with the team at Wellington.’
We acknowledge we couldn’t do it without great people. We offer a rewarding culture of innovation and continued learning; and a collaborative, supportive environment.
Why not Wellington?
Wellington Shire is Victoria’s third largest municipality. Its 10,924km2 extends from the High Country through the Gippsland Plains to the famous Ninety Mile Beach. Sale is a 2.5 hour drive east of Melbourne and the region boasts excellent sporting, educational, and recreational facilities. Visit www.saleandwellingtonshire.com.au to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
Wellington Shire Council is committed to upholding the Child Safe Standards and associated legislated requirements.
How to Apply:
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in this advertisement and will be accepted no later than Midnight Sunday 13 January 2019.
A Position Description can be obtained from this link.
Wellington Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.