Vocational Placement Program
Wellington Shire Council offers vocational placements for students completing tertiary studies in a dynamic and challenging local government environment.
The Wellington Shire Council Vocational Placement Program assists students in meeting their educational requirements, developing and enhancing their skills and knowledge while gaining hands on experience.
Conditions of Placement:
- The student understands that they are not entitled to be paid any remuneration.
- Vocational placement can only be completed if it is a requirement of a Bachelor degree, certificate or diploma at a Nationally Recognised tertiary educational institute.
- Personal injury insurance for the student must be covered by the relevant education institution or program provider.
- Information obtained whilst undertaking work experience is deemed confidential and must not be divulged to any other party.
- Wellington Shire Council is committed to providing an opportunity for students to participate in a vocation placement; however, we cannot accept every student that applies.
- Generally if you have already completed vocational placement at Wellington Shire Council, additional placements will not be available.
Wellington Shire Council is a dynamic regional local government organisation. Council operates a diverse range of services, manages a broad range of projects and maintains a large number of community facilities across 11,000km2. Employees use exciting new business technologies to seek and implement improvements across the organisation.
Wellington Shire is Victoria’s third largest municipality, offering great diversity in both work and lifestyle. Wellington extends from the High Country through the Gippsland Plains to the Lakes and the famous Ninety Mile Beach. Sale is located 2.5 hours east of Melbourne and the region boasts excellent medical facilities, great sporting, educational, and recreational opportunities. Visit www.saleandwellingtonshire.com.au to find out why the Wellington Shire is a great place to live and work.
How to apply:
Complete and submit all required details below.
- Attach your CV and any introductory letters from yourself or your school/ education provider and proof of Personal Injury Insurance.
- You will receive an automatically generated confirmation email shortly after submitting your vocational placement request.
- A member of our Human Resources team will contact you to discuss your placement and the Council’s availability to offer a placement that meets your requirements.
If you have any questions regarding the Wellington Shire Council Vocational Placement Program, you can contact our Learning and Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (03) 5142 3276.